Citra 3DS emulator for iOS
Citra is a work-in-progress Nintendo 3DS emulator compatible with iOS devices (iPhone and iPad).
Citra can currently emulate, with varying degrees of success, a wide variety of different 3DS homebrew applications and commercial games.
Citra has an active team of open-source developers. Over 150 people have worked hard on the project since its founding.
All Pokémon games now work properly. Pokémon X/Y now runs properly with HLE audio as well as LLE audio.
Citra can, ostensibly, “play” many different games now and more will become playable as development progress further.
Some games/apps, however, will not load at all – only showing a black screen. Others, might only show the title screen and then freeze or crash.
Citra supports networked local WiFi, but does not support connecting to Nintendo’s servers.
The table lists the minimum system requirements for running this application on smartphone and tablet devices.
|OS||iOS 9 (or newer)|
|Device||iPhone 8+ (or equivalent iPad)|
The app performance may vary depending on device hardware configuration.
For the best experience, users should be running within the recommended requirements.
- Compatibility with hundreds of games
- Enhanced graphics, such as resolution scaling and texture filtering (these optional features work best on iPhone 10+)
- Support for external gamepads (for iOS 11+)
- Support for various built-in features, such as the camera, microphone, and motion controls
You can install this app on iOS devices (iPhone or iPad) with AltStore (no jailbreak is required).
AltStore app requires a Windows or Mac computer for the initial installation of the AltServer software.
- Download AltServer on your computer
- Install AltStore to your iPhone (or iPad)
- Launch AltStore to begin downloading apps
- Leave AltServer running, and AltStore will do the rest
- macOS 10.14.4 (or newer)
- Windows 10+ (or newer)
The latest version of AltServer is available on the button link below: