RPCS4 emulator for PC
RPCS4 is a PS4 emulator for desktop PC, compatible with Windows OS.
It’s a private project being worked on by one of the original developers of RPCS3, DH, and it is still being worked on although it is in early stages.
The goal of this emulator is to experiment, research, and educate on the topic of emulation of modern devices and operating systems.
RPCS4’s first public demo was the first to launch Play Station 4 commercial games.
It recompiles all the shaders, untiling all the textures and upload all the buffers every frame, making it less efficient.
All information is obtained via reverse engineering of legally purchased devices and games and information made public on the internet.
Releases are currently tested by YAXOD team on desktop computer with:
- GPU: Nvidia GTX970
- CPU: Intel Core i7 with octa-core 3.0 GHz
- RAM: 12 GB
It uses OpenGL, Vulkan and DirectX 12 as its back-end API renderers and runs most of the PS4 exclusives on high-end machines with some glitches as it is still in beta.
There will be frequent releases which you can grab from the download section.
The table lists the minimum system requirements for running this software on computer desktop devices.
|OS||Windows 10 (or newer)|
|CPU||Octa core 2.0 GHz (or higher)|
|RAM||8 GB (12 GB recommended)|
The app performance may vary depending on device hardware configuration.
For the best experience, users should be running within the recommended requirements.
- Statically linked binary with no dependencies except GL and SDL2
- Additional rightstick keys for laptop keyboards
- Support simple compute shader, compute ring, cube maps.
- Use Direct Input to emulate pad.
- Download the .zip archive
- Extract the .zip archive on desktop PC
- Select the folder containing the extracted file
- Open the file .exe
- Press install button
- Launch the software
- Read the instructions on the .txt file
The latest version of this software is available on the button link below: