Flycast emulator for PC
Flycast is a multi-platform Sega Dreamcast, Naomi, Naomi 2, and Atomiswave emulator for PC forked from reicast, and made by flyinghead.
There is an buildbot that compiles to Android, Mac OSX, Ubuntu and Windows x64 and x86 builds; these can be used without anything related to Retroarch.
Flycast emulator supports the following console:
- SEGA Dreamcast games (CHD, CDI, GDI, CUE) including games based on Windows CE
- SEGA NAOMI games (.zip, .7z, .dat/.lst)
- SEGA NAOMI GD-ROM games (.zip, .7z, .dat/.lst and .chd)
- Sammy Atomiswave games (.zip, .7z)
Doesn’t support SEGA NAOMI 2, Hikaru, or SEGA System SP games.
Flycast emulator has support for the following things:
- Emulating standard Dreamcast controllers, Keyboard, Mouse, Light-Gun (with your mouse), Twin Sticks, and even the ASCII Mission Stick
- Emulating two expansion sockets per controller (VMU, Purupuru/Rumble Pack, or Microphone)
- Widescreen (Rendering outside of screen)
- Resolution and Texture Upscaling
- Frame Skipping
- Dump textures and load custom textures
- Support for HLE BIOS (note that it’s recommended to use a real BIOS)
- Automatically configured to be able to connect to Dreamcast Live fan servers for the games supported
- High compatibility and high performance
- Widescreen Game Hacks (Auto-applying codes/patches to certain games to do Widescreen instead of using the hack)
To start Flycast emulator in full-screen mode just set it in full-screen on video settings menu, and if you close the emulator, the next time it will open in full-screen.
All games are compatible with Dreamcast Live servers are supported by Flycast emulator, and the emulator is automatically configured to use Dreamcast Live servers.
The table lists the minimum system requirements for running this software on computer desktop devices.
|OS||Windows 7 (or newer)|
|CPU||Quad core 2.0 GHz (or higher)|
|RAM||4 GB (6 GB recommended)|
|GPU||Vulkan API support|
The app performance may vary depending on device hardware configuration.
For the best experience, users should be running within the recommended requirements.
There are certain situations that may be confusing to understand when using Flycast emulator for first time, as well as some few questions that may be around your head, like:
- How to know if you are using the right ROMs for NAOMI/Atomiswave games (if it does tell you there are missing files)
- How to configure controls for certain NAOMI/Atomiswave games
- How to connect to the internet, if it is possible to unlock everything in certain NAOMI games, etc.
For that, you can ask all info on our contact us page at bottom of this website.
- GGPO netplay
- UWP/Xbox support
- New DirectX 11 renderer
- New & improved input configuration, per-game inputs
- Single-threaded mode
- Lua bindings
- VMU beep support
- GameShark cheat codes
- Vulkan support on macOS
- Support for 120+ Hz monitors (Vulkan, DX9, DX11)
- Download the .zip archive
- Extract the .zip archive on desktop PC
- Select the folder containing the extracted file
- Open the file .exe
- Press install button
- Launch the software
- Read the instructions on the .txt file
The latest version of this software is available on the button link below: